Hello everybody. I began this blog because as I was searching around about cloth diapers, I got a little bit confused, so I said to share my experience with anyone who has questions, just like me. Everyhting started one and a half year ago...

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

La culotte-couche Hamac... (I love french!)


In general, I do not want to describe each diaper I get, unless it has something different.
Yesterday, I got the ultra extra special Hamac french diaper on my hands and there was no way I could wait to use it untill I tell you about it!
So, here it is more french style, after youtube...

Diaper description from the company:
HAMAC :   [ 'amak ]  n.f.   1/LITTER. Couche pour bébé, mi-jetable, mi-lavable ; une seconde peau ultra confortable, pratique, séchage rapide. 2/ TECH. Sous-vêtement pour bébé ; culotte avec une fonction de couche grâce à son Hamac technique ; fabriquée en France ; modèle breveté. 
3/ FIG. Une délicate attention pour tous les bébés.

Diaper description from ... me:
Well, this is not a diaper but a "system", since it is an outer wrap with a "place" to put the boosters. Beware that it is not a pocket diaper!
Imagine a big ... handful (could not find anyhting more figurative), open inside the wrap, where you put the soaker!



Every box (even more stylish!) has a wrap, one reusable soaker and two soakers to use once and throw away. Oh, there is also one liner! 
So, you use either soaker and you wash it or you throw it...
The wrap, if not full of poo, can be just rinsed with water, let to dry and then reuse.


Materials:
-Τhe wrap is from microfibre Meryl®, and the ... handfull is a membrane of polyurethane
-The washable soaker is from 45% organic cotton and 55% hemp. The other side is made from fleece. Produced in France.
-The throw-away soaker is made from 100% French cellulose and is biodegradable. It is chlorine-free, with no chemical gel and is produced in the European Union.

Oeko-Tex® Label 100All fabrics are according to the Oeko Tex 100 standard (this means that it is tested for a series of substances that may be harmfull, irritating, or they provoke allergies and cancer). 

(Ok, the chemist inside me just woke up! You can imagine how difficult it is for me (being really a chemist!) not to describe all the substances included in this standard. You can just check them here!)

No comments: