Hello everybody. I began this blog because as I was searching around about cloth diapers, I got a little bit confused, so I said to share my experience with anyone who has questions, just like me. Everyhting started one and a half year ago...

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

6 bags full... you got to be kidding!

You know I have tried all the different cloth diaper types that are available in the market.


My dearest of all, especially for newborns are the Flat/prefold. These are the square towels with which you cover the baby and then use a waterproof cover.

The same type of cover is needed when you use fitted diapers (the ones that are like  aν underwear but still needs a waterproof shell.
Usually these two types of diapers come in naturtal fibers (cotton, bamboo, hemp). But there is some difficulty to choose the cover. I have found fleece covers, or covers with PUL but my favourite is wool!!!

No they are not hot, no they do not scratch (read here more info about wool and its characteristics).
ΑIf you serach for wool diaper covers you will see that they might seem to be a little expensive but they really worth it. 

I did try to make some by myself but I could not find old wool sweaters... I also tryed to knit some , I even bought an expensive knitting pattern, but it was too complicated. I do have  a friend, though who knitted a very easy pattern and did really enjoyed using it as a diper cover!
(you cabn find here more details)

Then one day Heidi came into my life!
Heidi ows 6 bags full. She is doing what I did not manage to: she takes 100% wool and cashmere sweaters and she turns them into cloth dipaer covers. She was even so kind to send me one for testing! (of'course I gave it to a friend since we 've ended using diapers a year now...)
.
First of all, when I picked it up I cried.... I cried because I do not have a sweater so soft, not a diaper cover! This is what Heidi sent me and I took picture from the inside and the outside:

My very experienced cloth dipaer friend after using it agreed that there is nothing like woolies! Imagine during winter to use only a long wool cover, instead of a normal pair of pants or leggings on your baby!  
Wool needs specila washing care with green sopa and lanoline, once in a while. Find more at the bottom of this article.

Check out some 6 bags full covers:

ΑIf you want to buy some you will find them on  etsy or on facebook. No, they are not constantly available. You can find out when some new ones are being released athe the 6bags ful mamma's club! 

The hard part now: The shipping cost is about 11,5 euro and the covers cost about 15-25 euro, depending on the size, the type and the style.
The good news: after stop using them you can resell them on the used group 
Unofficial 6 Bags Full BST & Chat.

No matter what questions you might have, Heidi will answer you and clear everything out, exept from Friday to Sunday sunset when "I set this time apart for God and family", as she mentions. (Great idea for all of us, busy mamas...)

Have a nice try......












(Then you run into these juicy thighs with the raffles all around and you just get crazy!)

No comments: