Hello everybody. I began this blog because as I was searching around about cloth diapers, I got a little bit confused, so I said to share my experience with anyone who has questions, just like me. Everyhting started one and a half year ago...

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Yes, finally something different!

Yesterday I got the diaper that Aimee  from Chania send me.
It is a diaper (let me check the drawings....) fitted. 
So, here is the real diaper, with all its extra soakers:
SALE fitted cloth diaper, lime and purple, fattycakes, size small SECOND
 SALE fitted cloth diaper, lime and purple, fattycakes, size small SECOND SALE fitted cloth diaper, lime and purple, fattycakes, size small SECOND


I was impressed! 
Finally something different from all the "pocket" diapers I have!
This is not the only reason I was impressed:
  • Outer layer: lime green cotton knit
  • Hidden inner layer: bamboo hemp fleece
  • Inner layer: purple cotton velour

    Soakers:
  • Snap-in bifold soaker: 1 layer cotton velour and 1 layer bamboo hemp towel terry (4 layers in total)
  • Snap-in doubler: 2 layers heavy bamboo fleece
(Have you counted the layers?)


The diaper is sewed according to the Fattycakes patron (I will come back with more info about it...) and it costs 10,50 euros.

Now the wrap (7,29 euros):
Fleece diaper soaker, size newborn, animal toss "free shipping"Aimee, is very experienced as a mom in this, because her litttle son has very sensitive skin and it got easily irritated. 


She says:
With the weather getting warmer, stock up on some fleece covers!! Fleece is great to use in warm weather because it is so breathable and these covers are just so cute worn with just a little T-shirt!!
These soakers are made to fit over a fitted cloth diaper, but can also be used over a disposable for extra protection with heavy wetters. There is an extra layer sewn in the wetzone. 
Fleece is water repellent, not waterproof. You may still get some compression wetness if the diaper underneath is soaked. Fleece can be washed with your regular laundry. 
 I add that it also dries VERY VERY quckly!


(Nevertheless I am thinking of asking her to do some from wool too...)

Aimee sewed my daughter's at her size, so speak with her and tell her exactly what you need.


No comments: